Palmenforum.de

Forum für winterharte und tropische Palmen, Agaven & Yucca, Bananen, Baumfarne, Palmfarne und andere exotische Pflanzen

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Ankündigung

Palmensamen
Weltweit größte Auswahl, 4000 Arten sofort lieferbar
rarepalmseeds.com/de (Anzeige)
Palmen, Yucca, Bananen...
...und andere winterharte Exoten vom Spezialisten
www.palmeperpaket.de (Anzeige)
Profi-Palmendünger
Von Experten entwickelt. Auch für Bananen u.a.
"Winterharte Palmen" (Buch)
Hier steht alles, was man zum Auspflanzen wissen muss

#1 07.06.2014 11:02

David Schweden
Mitglied

Fertilizer when delivered

Hi (I hope English is ok),

Everything works really well with PPP except you seem to have too much to do right now in the spring, it can be hard to get all questions answered not to mention photos. I bought a big Rhopalostylis baueri a month ago and will get small Cyrtostachys renda and Cyphosperma Sp. Ambae next week.

I noticed you have what looks like slow-release or controlled-release fertilizer in the soil, which mean I probably shouldn't add much fertilizer myself for some time. I need to know:
* For how many months will it last?
* is it full dose or is it recommended to add some liquid fertilizer?
* Is it complete or does it just contain a few substances?

The first weeks I added 1/4 dose of ordinary plant fertilizer (NPK 5,1-1-4,3 and with all needed minerals) but since last week I decided to use just water until I know what is already in there.

I searched your site for dünger/düngemittel and got lots of hits in the forum but none that seems to be about already present fert.

The new stem has been growing by more than a centimeter every day from day one and I keep it in massive indirect light for now, so it seems to be doing very well already.

Best regards
David

#2 13.06.2014 09:11

David Schweden
Mitglied

Re: Fertilizer when delivered

No reply here.. I got a reply by e-mail stating they stopped using osmocote, that's all it said, still I could see I had a bunch of them. Have never used it myself but read that the shell gradually disappears so that fert is released.

I tried squeezing a couple of them and no fluid came out, so it seems they are old and empty.

#3 01.07.2014 14:39

Palme Per Paket
Palme Per Paket
Webseite

Re: Fertilizer when delivered

Hi David,

Sorry, I missed your post originally. The Osmocote shells don't usually break down very quickly even after the fertilizer has been released completely. As I mentioned in my e-mail to you, we now use our own fertilizer for all the palms, which is not slow release, so you can start feeding immediately.

Best, TOBY

Palme per Paket - Das Palmenhaus
Am Schnepfenweg 29
80995 München

Fußzeile des Forums